Villa Victoria Center for the Arts, the largest and most significant Latino Cultural Center in New England, applies the arts and culture as tools for self-improvement and community building.
IBA’s Arts Program promotes and celebrates the diversity of Latino arts and culture through music, visual arts, dance and more. Housed at Villa Victoria Center for the Arts, the largest Latino arts center in New England, IBA presents concerts, festivals, exhibits and other high quality programming that is affordable accessible, and innovative.
The beautiful Villa Victoria Center for the Arts includes a 425-person capacity performance hall, an art gallery, visual arts studio, movement and dance studio and office space. The space is also available for rent and the funds generated support IBA’s Arts Programs. Rent our space.
Collect with a Click! Add to your art collection by purchasing pieces from current and past exhibitions on our online store.
Are you an artist? Apply to show your work!
Call for Artists | 2015-2016
The Award-Winning Arts Program includes:
- Latino Performance Series – Presents innovative Latino and Latin American music, dance and theater.
- La Galería – The first gallery in New England that presents year-round exhibits by artists from Latin America, the US and the Caribbean.
- Festival Betances – The oldest and largest Latino folk arts celebration in New England celebrated every year on the 3rd weekend of July.
- Tito Puente Latin Music Series – Summer concerts in Boston’s public parks in collaboration with Berklee College of Music and the City of Boston ParkARTS’ program.
- Special Events – Including multicultural celebrations of Hispanic Heritage Month, Three Kings Day, Black History Month and Chinese New Year, among others.
- Arts Education – Arts workshops and classes are integrated into IBA’s Preschool, Afterschool and Summer Learning, Youth Development and Resident Services Programs.
Who can participate?
- Residents of Villa Victoria – an affordable housing community in Boston’s South End with a focus on elderly, disabled and primarily Spanish speaking residents.
- Latinos (18 to 65 years old) throughout the city and the region.
- Anyone in the New England community that appreciates Latino arts.
- IBA Program Participants.
- School children from Boston elementary schools – whose school music programs have been decimated by budget cuts.
- Latino Artists of – local, regional, national and international relevance.
For more information, please contact Elsa Mosquera-Sterenberg, Director at 617-927-1737 or email@example.com.
Click below to participate now.Enroll
Arts Program Updates & Announcements
Bring the entire family to enjoy the inspiring Pan-Latin ensemble, Sol y Canto, in concert.
Honor Women’s History Month with this exhibit showcasing local Latina artists.
Looking for fun & free activities for your child over February break? Check out Classics 4 Kids at our VVCA.
Let’s commemorate Black History Month with poetry from SOUP Boston & our Youth.
Get tickets to our biggest concert this season, we’ll celebrate Grammy nominee, Miguel Zenón‘s album release!
With choreography & music inspired by Pablo Neruda, Urbanity Dance visits our VVCA with their empowering performance.
We’re recreating the famous Puerto Rican San Sebastian Festival in miniature at our VVCA.
Artist, Fernando Ruíz Lorenzo, sheds light on the Puerto Rican debt crisis through art and discussion.
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with this colorful & colorful dance from the Chinese Folk Art Workshop.
Discover the sounds of Afro-Venezuelan culture during Betsayda Machado’s concert on January 13th.
Celebrate the festive season with classic holiday songs in English & Spanish during our Navidad en la Villa Concert.
¡A rumbear! Have a guarito y ron & dance the night away with Gregorio Uribe. Buy your tickets here.
Listen to a new twist on an old musical tradition with Radio Jarocho. Purchase tickets here.
Experience the “lively” and “infectious” sound of Sol y Canto at the Villa Victoria Center for the Arts. RSVP here.
See how street art has become a voice for the community & is helping make a change. RSVP here.